To comply with RBI guidelines the bank called upon Omnitech and upgraded its old RTGS/NDS/CCIL infrastructure in one fell swoop.
Ever since it first commenced operations,Yes Bank has laid a great emphasis on leveraging technology to bring in operational excellence and deliver high quality banking services to its customers. Over the years, the bank has achieved many 'firsts' in the industry, especially when it comes to using technology. So when the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed all the banks to upgrade their Payment & Settlement Systems recently, Yes Bank decided to go in early and migrate their existing RTGS/NDS/CCIL infrastructure.To do so, the bank was finding it difficult to have a single vendor who could fulfill all its requirements of supporting the hardware, software and services and more importantly, the maintenance of the applications from RBI, IDRBT & CCIL.
After a thorough evaluation process it chose to go with Omnitech for the project. As per the guidelines issued by RBI, Omnitech started working on a systematic plan to migrate the bank's existing RTGS/NDS/CCIL infrastructure from Windows 2000, Oracle 9i & IBM MQ 5.3 to Windows 2008, Oracle 11g, and IBM MQ 7.0 without causing any disruptions to the bank's routine business transactions.
Omnitech addressed the bank's business requirements for Payment and Settlement Systems along with a yearly maintenance as the solution. In addition, it is also maintaining the bank's day to day operations by extending the Field Management Service during its business hours. As and when the need arises, the support engineers are also backed up by the experts.
In doing so, Omnitech not only followed strict guidelines from RBI / IDRBT / CCIL but also completed the project smoothly and most importantly in a stipulated timeline for the bank thereby avoiding any business loss.
The scope of the task at Yes Bank included:
- General Software Support on MS operating system, Oracle, IBM MQ, RTGS application, NDS application software, CCIL applications(viz. CBLO, NDS-OM, NDS-AUCTION, NDS-CALL, CROMS), RTGS, PDO-NDS.
- Oracle Data-guard configuration.
- Update various patches related to RTGS application and released by RBI time to time.
- Problem reporting, escalation and resolution from software application vendor, if required.
- Audit the Payment & Settlement System setup on yearly basis, for RBI compliance and forward non compliance report.
- RTGS incidence response.
- Complete escalation matrix and contact details for its Service Support Organization for better communication.
- Review the current software installations and submit a report on the same.
- Value Added Services such as Payment Systems Help Desk, Single Point of Contact, Project Management Office, Center of Excellence, Subject Matter Experts, Business Consultants, Discussion Groups and One Time End User Training.
Yes Bank leveraged the end-to-end services support capabilities at Omnitech to upgrade its payment and settlement system (RTGS/NDS) effectively. The bank has enjoyed the service quality standards and cost effectiveness along with other key benefits such as one stop window solution provider, experienced technical support, faster upgradation and a consultative approach.
By Rajendra Chaudhary, Banktech India, 6/21/2012 11:37:28 PM